Kinox' Azuco interview
This interview was conducted by MGandhi from
Kinox, an emu and rom-dumping site. TITAN of
course thanks all of them for letting us have this interview.
"Azuco is the author of A-Saturn, one of the most advanced Saturn emulator,
he's also developing an open-source x68000 emulator.
1. Why start a Saturn emulator?
I want reason of
life. At first, I wanted start a PS emu, but, I got document ......
A-SATURN is also revenge for SEGA!
Sometime ago, I've tried
get a position CSK. (SEGA include CSK group)
But I failed... hahahaha
2. Why did you choose this nick?
My real name is
'AZUMA' and I like 'NAMCO', so 'AZUma'+'namCO'='AZUCO'
3. What's the present status of A-Saturn? (i.e: Master CPU Emulation:
I'm doing some little progress about VDP2...
4. When can we expect A-Saturn running a commercial
Oh....I don't know.
5. A-Saturn already read games header?
layer is already compleated. Actuary, A-SATURN cans read CD first
6. Do you have any access to internal Sega Documents (as there are
rumours about the full blown programming documentation for the DC leaked out at
one point from Sega)?
Yes, I have any documents. Those
documents from Sega Of America. You can get them from internet.(ex, from
EPR.....) but,I don't know about the DC documents rumours....
7. You also develop a x68000 emulator, is it
I start it, the reason is that a X68K emulator
already exists .... EX68. But, It's not open source. I think, open
source is more important than being able to play game.
I released source code
for japanese x68k user. But,they are only games user.
interest in AX68K, in japan.
A-SATURN is an Higher priority than AX68K, but
AX68K isn't discontinued...
8. Do there is a chance to use the emulator with the Saturn
We can already use a saturn pad over a PC
joypad - There's a device we call 'IF-SEGA' .... in japan.
IF-SEGA has PCI
& ISA card type. It cans use Saturn's joypad.
Windows recognize It
as a DirectX device. Actually, I used it.
9. A-Saturn now, is the most updated Saturn emulator and still under
development, a lot of others Saturn emulators were discontinued, comment
Other Saturn emulator are Fake.
PC-SATURN and SEMU)
I think, maybe shamu is very very fake.
shots are video capture.
Reason....the pictures' resolution is
Please, stop make fake saturn emu.
Nobody believe that a
saturn emu's realty....
10. I saw the screenshot of the VDP2 (I think) and it's in Japanese,
anyone dumped an American VDP2?
Do you know
Saturn BIOS is multi area bios.
Please check, A-SATURN.ini file
area_code=1 ;japanese area code
11. What are the reasons to develop A-Saturn for
Windows has many user.
It cans use many high
It cans use large memory size.
(but,A-SATURN cans run
on DOS, by a little modefire)
12. Saturn features an interesting shooter, is it in the to-do
I like shooter, but, at first
Street fighter Zero (alpha) release.
Reason: I love
Reason: I love morrigan
Second target is
13. A-Saturn some day will be an open-source
I'll release the source code when A-SATURN cans run
Azuco's World firstname.lastname@example.org"
Back to TITAN