Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory.
These pages focus on entity handling and scripting, ie ingame functionality.
These are actually the ugliest looking webpages I've seen since 1996 but I really don't have the patience needed when it comes to layout. Welcome anyway, there are some content here I havent found elsewhere, though some are more worknotes from when I learned scripting.
More entities for ET/ Radiant
· More entities for Radiant, (2004-03-20 - rtcw_ent_in_et_beta2.pk3) eg pickup weapons & ammo, exploding barrels, health pickups, lock/ unlock doors etc (comes w instructions and an interactive "museum" map )
· Updated entity file for Radiant (2004-03-20 - BETA2, this is included in the pk3 above) more explanations and spawnflags (place in etmain/scripts and remove old .def file)
· For look and feel of some of the new entities in gameplay, check out the map Darji2 &
My mapping "tutorials"
· How to make a teleporter.
· Multiple condition triggers - how to build a medics only door or even how to make a ritual which requires 5 axis medics, one fieldop and breaking stuff at the same time.
· How to create random areas in your map.
· How to make a bulletsensor.
· How to make a mirror.
· Smoke - how to make, move, direct and switch off. - graphic reference and user-guide.
· How to make a door move only in one direction.
· Objectives (my notes + links)
· Trouble with destroyable objectives, (func_explosive, construction classes and commandmap)
· Scripting for total newbies, and I mean total.
· common textures - .pk3 map showing ingame functionality of common textures
Briefer, reference-like pages
· Commandmap markers
· Tags and movers
· rumble error
(Here) A visual basic .exe file that will start ET in devmap mode, optionally directly to a devmap.
(Don't want to download unknown .exe-files from Internet? heres the VB .frm file for u to compile. (Here) )
Startup tutorials - my recommendations.
New to everything
· First room and getting used to GtkRadiant: (http://etmapping.andityler.com/index.php) (link outdated try splashdamage forums )
· Brushes and your first ingame entity, a door : (use above link)
· More items and more entities: (http://www.wolfensteinx.com/surface/tutorials.html)
· First scripting: If you don't even know what a script is: (Here - a tutorial by me) Your first script_mover: (http://www.nibsworld.com/rtcw/tutorial_basic_script_mover.shtml)
Pick a subject or ingame function you want to learn/ build.
1. You can first try to find if these links point to a tutorial about it:
2. Then use the search function on that subject on these forums. Lots of newbies have got the exact same question you want to ask answered here already:
3. Also you could try the manuals in GtkRadiant (under "help"). These manuals are also here:
· Q3Radiant Editor Manuals http://qeradiant.com/manual/
· Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory - Level Designers Reference (not really for beginners) http://www.planetwolfenstein.com/tramdesign/tutorials/etdocs/
4. Google for some distintive keywords you found on your subject, like "script_mover", consider adding wolfenstein or q3 to the search.
5. Try a lot of combinations in a testmap.
6. Post to a (newbie) forum of your liking and ask.
Places to visit
Please mail comments etc to: Erik-Ftn@chello.se
or donate your hard earned cash straight to me.